Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Halloween this Year!


This year we had lots of fun for Halloween. We made caramel apples, went to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins and carved lots of pumpkins to decorate our driveway and porch. Emma was Ariel from the Little Mermaid and Leora was a Bumblebee. I made Emma's costume and Leora used one of Emma's past halloween costumes. We tried to spray Emma's hair orange, but the color just didn't show up very well on her dark hair. Next time we know she'll need a wig.
Eddie and I took the girls around to about 12 houses and decided we had walked enough. Houses aren't right next to each other on the island and lots of people weren't participating. :( We learned that not very many kids trick or treat on the island because of that. We probably only got 10 trick or treaters all night long. I was a little disappointed since Halloween is possibly my favorite holiday. We just have a lot of candy left over. Emma and her neighbor friends helped me decorate our front porch with spiders and cobwebs. We put jack-o-lanterns along our driveway to make sure people knew they were welcome. I didn't want the thought of barking dogs to scare away trick or treaters. Surprisingly the dogs behaved very well. They just hung out in our bedroom most of the night. They didn't bark at the doorbell a single time. It was miraculous!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

We also don't get very many trick-or-treaters. It makes me sad too. Your porch looks very spooky!

Andy & Steffinie Hardy said...

I love the costumes. I am so glad we had sewing lessons when we were younger. They sure come in handy! I am impressed with all of the pumpkins too. You were very busy this year! It looks like y'all had fun!

emily said...

Emma's costume is SO cute! Of course your costumes are always perfect. I also love the pumpkin pictures - and of course the bumblebee too!

emily said...

and i have to share, i was looking through some old pictures and there was one laying on the floor of me when I was little and mason comes over and goes...oh there's emma. haha!