Thursday, March 19, 2009

Can I Say it to the Dogs?

So Leora has been testing me lately on what words she is allowed to say. I admit that she hears us say things sometimes that aren't appropriate for her to say. A couple of days ago she told Emma to "Shut up". I told her not to say that to her sister. It isn't nice to say to people. Because I know she has heard me yell "Shut up" to the dogs I told her she could only say that to the dogs.

Yesterday morning she was playing with some dolls while I was getting ready for work. Her dolls were talking to each other and one of them said "What the hell!" I asked her what she just said and she ignored me like she does when she knows she did something wrong. I asked her why she said that and again she ignored me. So I told her that she shouldn't say that and it's not appropriate for little girls to talk that way even when they are playing. She replied by asking, "Well, Can I say it to the dogs?" I smiled at the question and said no not even to the dogs.

She may only be 3 years old, but is pretty quick sometimes.

3 comments:

Jenette said...

That is too funny!!!

emily said...

Oh, kids are just too smart sometimes. Funny stuff - and that is a super cute picture.

Tara Hoppie said...

Funny girl! She was really trying to use her logic!

I also wanted to comment on your last post. I'm with you! Gun control is taking away the rights of the people! We must be able to defend OURSELVES! Why can't the gun control activists learn from history?