Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day Present!

I got a wonderful book of poems from Emma for Mother's Day! So wonderful that I want to share with you some of her creations:

Growing Up

When I was one I was already walking,
and you helped me.
When I was two I tried to talk,
and you helped me do it.
When I was three I was in preschool,
and you dropped me off every day.
When I was four I got my first tricycle,
and you bought it for me.
When I was five I went to school on the bus,
and you let me do it.
When I was six I learned how to do A.R. tests,
and you were happy for me.
When I was seven I had lots of people at my birthday party,
and you accepted that.
When I was eight I made this poem for you,
and you know now
As I grow up there's one thing for sure I will always be your daughter!

Limerick

There once was a girl named Lilly, who was quite silly.
She scrunched her toes, blew her nose
Thats all she does, no really!
There was a boy, who loved his toy.
He also loved his Mommy, the boys name was Tommy
And has a friend named Koy.

2 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I always LUV to read your blog posts!

hugZ,
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Leilani Bascom said...

How sweet of Emma. She is talented, I really like her poems. And I really like you. Happy Mother's Day!